Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Energy Conservation

The question that I am asking for my energy conservation project is,"How much fuel and money could I save by riding my bike to work instead of driving?" I googled fuel conservation and there were several good sites that relate to the subject. Riding a bike instead of driving was even listed on one of the sites as a suggestion to decrease fuel consumption.

To answer this question I need to know how far it is to work, round trip. I also need to know my trucks gas mileage. I will look up the distance to work on Mapquest.com. To figure out my gas mileage I will divide the number of miles driven by the gas used. I will also document how much and where I drive for a week. This will help me determine if there are any other areas where I can become more efficient.

No comments: