Friday, November 28, 2008

Professional Online Community

I joined the Anchorage School District Elementary PE Teachers Forum. This is a new forum, I have been involved since October 29th. This forum has the potential to be a very valuable tool not only for me but for all of the ASD PE teachers. As a new teacher I have found my most valuable resource to be collaboration with other teachers. Over the last year it has been very difficult to collaborate because we are all isolated at our own schools. This forum gives us the opportunity to collaborate, share lesson ideas, post pictures and videos, and share or trade equipment.

A challenge that the forum faces is getting teachers to buy in. There has not been an abundance of activity on the forum. I think a lot of teachers prefer using e-mail because they already check it every day. The forum is just another thing to check. The forum does however give you networking opportunities that e-mail cannot provide. I think the forum will be a great tool but it just needs a little more time to catch on.

Click here to visit online community. (If this does not work e-mail me. I may have to invite you into the forum.)

No comments: